My gun locker

fadedsun

1982 Romanian Guarda (Their equivelant to the TA or National Guard) AKM. Sat around in a Romanian armory until 2003 or so when it was imported to the US and I had it rebuilt by the expert AK-smiths at Missouri Custom Armaments for my 20th Birthday. Wonderful shooter, served as my home defense rifle until I got the glock and m4. Does a nice little number on wild pigs. I have about a dozen magazines for it and a few thousand rounds. It shares ammunition with the SKS, since they are both 7.62x39 weapons.

100_0240FIXED.jpg

1944 Springfield m1 Garand, Saw service in the last year or so of World war 2 and also Korea, came back Stateside and was rebarreled in 1953, then surplused out to the Civilian Marksmanship program where I bought it in 2004 for my 18th birthday. I have only put about 90 rounds through it, but it's not a shooter for me. It's a safe queen, to be taken out and admired every now and then as a reminder of the sacrifices previous generations made in the name of freedom, liberty, and democracy. It is #29, from the number stamped into the heel on the buttstock. This was the first gun I ever owned.

100_0245.jpg

Chinese SKS-Bought in January 2005 on a whim for 150$. Great shooter. Made in 1967 and I assume was Chinese war reserve stock until it was sent to the US to be sold as surplus. 2nd weapon I bought.

100_0243.jpg

Glock 17-bought this in august of 2008 as my primary concealed carry piece. Used it to qualify, and now carry it everyday. Utterly reliable and simple to use..I'm a BIG glock fan. I have a few K of ammo for it. These pistols are known to last well past 150k rounds fired, so I am guessing this weapon will outlast me.

100_0218.jpg

Totally field stripped, takes about 5 seconds to do so

100_0220.jpg

LMT m4-my 'Obama got elected' rifle that I purchased amidst the rush previous to the election when gun prices soared and ammunition could not be found, and nor could rifles of ANY type. I am already qualified and issued an m4 carbine as part of my MOS (But my heart lies with the m240 :)), so I am familiar with the application of it in mout and Urban warfare. It's my favorite weapon and my go-to gun in the event of urban unrest or SHTF. I use it for hunting pigs and deer.

100_0603.jpg

100_0596.jpg

100_0256.jpg

Next additions: A compact glck 26 9mm for concealed carry, a Hungarian PKM to mount in the future ferret, a Barret 50 cal m99, and possibly some more AKs and ar-15s.

Show off! I have a Mossberg MB42a, from a batch delivered in 1941, issued to British Army under Lease Lend, only made for British use. It is .22 bolt action, marked US property, The main diffrence is anything offred for sale over here has to be proof marked. There are two proof houses Birmingham nad London. they also proof mark de-activated weapons. Embarrisingly I'd been shooting the Mossberg for a while before it was noticed , no proof mark! The reason is it had gone stright into military use and been transferred to a Sea Cadet unit where it stayed till 1990. A quick trip to Birmingham was order of the day. so now has all its marks.

Show off! I have a Mossberg MB42a, from a batch delivered in 1941, issued to British Army under Lease Lend, only made for British use. It is .22 bolt action, marked US property, The main diffrence is anything offred for sale over here has to be proof marked. There are two proof houses Birmingham nad London. they also proof mark de-activated weapons. Embarrisingly I'd been shooting the Mossberg for a while before it was noticed , no proof mark! The reason is it had gone stright into military use and been transferred to a Sea Cadet unit where it stayed till 1990. A quick trip to Birmingham was order of the day. so now has all its marks.

It's deactivated?

:argh:

Destruction of a peice of history.

No fortunatley 'THEY' deided we can own a .22, 'THEY' were even gracious enough to allow us to keep .22 self loaders! So both the Moss and No2 are used regularly. The whole subject of sport shooting and hunting, wth or without hounds is a very charged political subject in UK. so I'll avoid a slap on the wrist from the Mods. :-D

Man, you must be living in a bad neighbourhood!

H.

I live out in the country. Nothing of interest ever happens out here, but there's always that one time a serial killer or band of brigands picks your house to plunder.

No fortunatley 'THEY' deided we can own a .22, 'THEY' were even gracious enough to allow us to keep .22 self loaders! So both the Moss and No2 are used regularly. The whole subject of sport shooting and hunting, wth or without hounds is a very charged political subject in UK. so I'll avoid a slap on the wrist from the Mods. :-D

Man, ya'll should come to Texas in the US. We hunt with truck bumpers (at 80 Km/h), spears, dogs, explosives, automatic weapns, suppressors. You'll get nothing but cheers from the farmers for killing them all.

We are having a major problem with wild pigs eating and destroying lawns and farms. They're a rather tasty problem.

Anything from .17-50 cal is good to go without any government interference or notification..Hoorah for the constitution :) (Does not apply in certain communist areas).

As for wild pigs! Sometime ago in Kent, Rural by British standards, only about 100 people per square mile. Someone decided to raise wild boar. closley penned of course! Till a major hurricane in 1987 decided to flatten everything and they all got loose. Walking in the woods in some places has become quite intresting in places. there are also Wild Wallabies (The Australian Hopping thing) in Derbyshire. Also please come and take your grey squirrels back! The **** things are a bl**dy nusiance! Not to mention we seem to have bred a bullet proof variety,:-D

As for wild pigs! Sometime ago in Kent, Rural by British standards, only about 100 people per square mile. Someone decided to raise wild boar. closley penned of course! Till a major hurricane in 1987 decided to flatten everything and they all got loose. Walking in the woods in some places has become quite intresting in places. there are also Wild Wallabies (The Australian Hopping thing) in Derbyshire. Also please come and take your grey squirrels back! The **** things are a bl**dy nusiance! Not to mention we seem to have bred a bullet proof variety,:-D

Probably taste great along with some fine English beverages. I've always wanted to call in an artillery or mortar strike on a herd of pigs..

Also please come and take your grey squirrels back! The **** things are a bl**dy nusiance! Not to mention we seem to have bred a bullet proof variety,:-D

The Grey Squirrels round my way eat the Lead from my roof. I promised my Jack Russel dog a steak if he ever catches one.........

Also, anyone seen a Black Squirrel yet? I have heard they are starting to spread and are worse than the Grey Squirrels.

My freind and i own property in Florida as Temporary US citizens we too have the right to bear arms and protect our property

20 yrs ago our local shooting club wrote to the local sheriff challanging them to a shooting compition and a reply was sent over "come on over "

we still have use of the local police air con range when ever its free to shoot what we like and have fun

The only thing we cant do is carry a concelled weapon but its bit of job to hide in your small shorts

My collection

9mm barreta

762.39 AK47

762.54R paid $50 and ammo is $80 for 800 in cans with tin opener

AR 15 223/556

22 waltha pistol

and my fav was a 1955 lee enfield no 4 mrk 2 303 unfired and brand new $250 one of the last made i a factory near liverpool

our club was formed in 1955 and in all that time not one accident

Now in the county police range the mange to shoot one another a few times a year

80 % of gun crime in the US is drug related

18% is husband and wife falling out

and we cant even carry a pocket knife , when you retire hear you normall get a pocket watch , well when i was 5 i was given a pocket knife as did most boys of my age , thats what grandads gave us

if anyone is around dec jan in florida drop me a line if u fancy real fun

• 2 weeks later...