Hello to you all from Wales

Bandit

Hiya everyone,

My name is Tim and I joined HMFV after being recommended to by a friend from a 4x4 club/forum im in, although I have been offroading for a number of years I have been interested in bigger trucks for a long time but just as a lurker really but this year I found myself being the owner of an awesome truck, although its history doesnt go back beyond 1984 it is ex USAAF, it now requires some restoration to the cab due to the tinworm thats gotten in because of lack of use and being uncared for stored outside probably for most of its life, its a GMC transporter/recovery truck and my plan is to rid it of the horrendous black paint and restore it (the cab) to its original usaaf colour which is underneath and to get it completed to C&U regs as best as possible, after the restoration work has been completed, my original plan was to transport the jeep to events but as the excitement grows im hoping to show it eventually at military and truck shows as well as the other 4x4 events I attend through the year.

Im handy with the tools and my work has always been around driving/machinery/commercial boats and plant of one description or another.

Im hoping my truck project will be suitable for the forum and will undoubtedly be asking some questions about one thing or another, driving Cat D 350/400's or 44's is one thing on a road construction site but driving my own truck on the road is another so its a new learning curve for me, and hopefully at some point I will be able to offer any advice that I can.

Looking forward to being part of the community here and also my GMC project, its all very exciting.

Tim :)

Edited by Bandit

• 2 weeks later...
From the South side, Llantwit Major ... pass through Rhayader quite often, generally returning from Strata Florida

Tim

Welcome,

There are a few enthusiasts in Llantwit. I am from the Bridgend area, may see you on the circuit?!

Leggy.