Light Removal

Jessie The Jeep

It's been a lovely sunny day up North, so I took the opportunity to do a job that has been waiting a year.....Removing the blackout light.

As you can see from the picture below, the airbase jeep I have copied doesn't have this light fitted. The area below my light was starting to rust, so it was a good time to remove the light, deal with the rust, weld up the holes and respray it.

827599.jpg

Here's four pictures of the job which has taken around six hours together with one or two other small jobs. After seeing Jacks GMC, I did think briefly about painting the whole jeep RED, but I snapped back to reality fairly quickly with the correct medication! ( Close call though! :lol: )

855231.jpg

Steve

Great Job Steve ....looking good

as you know 1941 slat grills and early 1942 Jeeps never had the B/O lights fitted from factory...mine didnt and mine is March 1942

a LOT were retro fitted in the field so that picture may indicate an early production Jeep

Regards

Lloyd

Lloyd you beat me to it!!! Like Lloyd said it could be an early jeep without the light fitted. The serial number USA 2078036-S relates to a May 42 MB, this would mean that there was no blackout light.

Judging by the lack of jeery can carrier on the other jeep (this is not gospel) they are probably both be early jeeps. Also note the bumperettes on are on upside down.

HI Damian

Tell you what they are early Jeeps...because i tracked my original serial number to within 50 and that is 2084536-S so they have to be earlier than my 31-03-42 Dod MB......

The upside down bumperettes seems to be a USAAF "thing" also

Bet they didnt have a carbibne holder on the windshield either.....Mine was a USAAF Jeep 42-45 before being surplussed.....

Glad she is now done

regards

Lloyd

Hey Lloyd email me some pictures will you.

I've seen the upside down bumperettes on jeeps in other uses too, it's been discussed on the g whether this was done in the factory or not.