Help 4 Heroes Day - Popham Airfield, Hants

Hi All

I am looking for your help and support!

I am currently organising a Wings 'n' Wheels Day at Popham Airfield in Hampshire on Sunday 16th August 2009. As part of that day I would some historic military vehicles in attendance, I would also like to set up a mini re-enactment area combining vehicles, aircraft and personnel.

I have no prior knowledge of setting up this type of event so any help members can give me would be gratefully appreciated, (contact emails etc). I have contacted the Hants MVT and numerous other clubs that may have suitable vehicles and awaiting replies.

A little about the day well it's at Popham on Sunday 16th August and weather permitting it will be a great day out for all the family. As well as having (hopefully) lots of historic military vehicles in attendance, I hope to have numerous classic cars, model steam train rides, motor-cycle display team, childrens bouncy castle and inflatable activity centre, refreshments and hopefully more! 100% of the money is going to Help 4 Heroes and any set-up costs are being incurred by myself.

Entrance fee is going to be £5.00 per car although people bringing classic vehicles, cars etc for displaying will be given free entrance.

So if you are interested and can help make the day memorable for lots of reasons please contact me.

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you on the 16th August!

Chris

Thank you so much for the offers of support already.

I am hoping to have a number of Austers and Piper Cubs in British Military markings present plus at least one Piper Cub and a 'Mustang' in American Military Markings at the event so it may be possible to stage two different areas of re-enactment

Don't forget with everything else that is going to be happening to bring your families along too!

Chris

Paul

It will be an all day affair, I shall be on-site by 0730 with some colleagues so if you need a hand with anything let me know, I shall also be there Saturday afternoon to prepare the site and help the fun fair people set up and I believe that a few pilots are arriving Saturday as well.

I don't mean to be stupid but what is a 'deact'?

Chris

Chris,

You say the fair people will be setting up Saturday. Is there a chance of setting up Sat afternoon and camping there Saturday night ready for the Sunday......Just a idea of at the moment to make my life easier.

Paul

Paul/All

I have contacted the airfield manager at Popham just to enquire about the 'deacts' and confirm that camping overnight will be permitted.

You will know as soon as I do.

Let me know if you will need a hand preparing, I shall be there with a few work colleagues preparing the site and more than happy to lend a hand

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

The big day is fast appraoching now and Big Red One has been great organising a few guys to come along and support the event but are anymore of you going to be joining us. If so please let me know and I can send a complimentary car pass to you.

Don't forget to bring the family as well!!

Hope to see some fo you there

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Less than one week until the first Help 4 Heroes Charity Day at Popham Airfield, earlier in this thread a couple of members mentioned supporting this event but haven't got back to me yet to confirm.

Can I ask that anybody that is thinking of coming along to let me know so I can organise complimentary entry to the event.