Hello

Gents,

It seems I stumbled onto your forum while looking for more information on the chaps who built an operational replica of the A7V "Schnuck."

I work for the National Parks Service, and have been doing increasingly more preservation work the last several historic sites I have been stationed at. I am not a Ranger (although I have been), I'm more hands-on: painting, whitewashing and repairing or installing wood shingle or shake roofs on historic structures and building or supervising crews in construction of replica 18th and 19th century style Virginia split rail fences. I recently assisted with barking a 1904 era structure at Yosemite NP in California.

I have done repairs on replica limbers and 6lb and 3" Ordnance Rifle carriges with original tubes, but the closest I have come to historic military vehicles has been helping remove, polish and reinstall the brass trim on replicas of the U.P. 119 and C.P. "Jupiter" at Golden Spike NHS.

I am Ed but you may use Edwin or Edward both of which appear on various official records.

Ed

By the way, where is the "having a pint emoticon?"

Thaks for the welcome Tony B. I have had plenty of experience driving and living in military vehicles back in my mis-spent youth. I must be getting old some of the types I worked with are now showing up in front of National Guard Armories and museums!

Ed

Thaks for the welcome Tony B. I have had plenty of experience driving and living in military vehicles back in my mis-spent youth. I must be getting old some of the types I worked with are now showing up in front of National Guard Armories and museums!

Ed

In that case, you get automatic privilige use of the club house Stannah stair lift. However Catweazle has been seen tinkering with NOX kits latley so be prepared. :-D