New member Hi folks

Hi folks.

Just joined the forum looks a great place and the sort of place to get help with my sick Hotchkiss M201! :)

Can you help? I have a problem with my Hotchkiss M201 Jeep, I need to get in touch with some one familiar with the M201. it starts to miss when the engine is warm, I have replaced just about every thing. It was on the fully screened plug leads which I have made up ordinary leads using the original fittings. Plugs NGKB65s New points, distributor cap- insert, Coil, points, and condenser. The jeep runs fine when it is cold but after 7 or 8 miles it starts to miss? I thought it might be petrol evaporating in the carb, so fitted a heat shield but that wasn’t the problem. I am becoming a little desperate!! And would much appreciate any help you can offer.

Many thanks Kknapp

MVT member no 16941 :argh:

Hi Kknapp -

Don't know much about the Hotchkiss but you seem to have covered everything on the ignition side so I would suggest you turn your attention to the fuel side of things.

Check the carb settings, mixture, etc then get a gauge to measure the fuel supply to the carb - is it in limits.

Also check to see if any air is entering the fuel supply, carb gasket, inlet manifold, etc.

I presume the timing is okay as it runs fine cold.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum anyway and someone here will be able to give you some advice specific to your jeep.

Markheliops

hello and welcome on the forum.les members of the forum of French GMC of which I make party one have not badly of concern, in rule general, they had concern with the reel d' lighting which heated, because it is on moteur.fais tests with another reel and mets it on sheet avoids fires of the case (fire wall)