Looking to buy a Humber pig mk2

combat

Hi folks,My name is Terry and ive just recently joined this site. Im looking to buy a reconditioned Humber pig mk 2 with front ram bars and riot wings.Seen a nice pic of a bomb disposal one along with a few others. I would be very much obliged if someone could advise me where i could buy one, and also give me a better insight to these vechicles.

Edited by combat

hi terry . i own a humber flying pig with ram bars. and what agro i have had with it,but when there running good its graet, hope you find what your looking for. if you whant any advice there are some graet guys on here . who will always give good advice. i dont know a graet deel about the humbers . but im learning. all the best mate

cheers safariswing, had a look at that thread there are some nice pigs on it,these things must be like hens teeth to buy especially a good one.But if u hear of any going for sale let me know thanks

Hi combat , welcome and good luck with your Pig hunt ! When you get one please drive her very gently as the uparmoured Pigs really struggle with their weight ! Back axles must be well lubricated and driven as if they are about to break (or they probably will) also brakes are only just up to the job in all honesty so must be in tip top conditition ! All that said I get huge smiles per gallon out of my old girl ! Kind regards Andy :-D

andy did i read that right .. you have brakes.. damn i use the car in front. and combat a friend of mine has spotted one near bristol sat in a field im just waiting for some photo,s so as soon as i get them i will post them. thay seem to be getting harder to find. good luck

Hi folks,My name is Terry and ive just recently joined this site. Im looking to buy a reconditioned Humber pig mk 2 with front ram bars and riot wings.Seen a nice pic of a bomb disposal one along with a few others. I would be very much obliged if someone could advise me where i could buy one, and also give me a better insight to these vechicles.

You must be mental! :-D

As you might of noticed, HMVF stands for "Humber Military Vehicle Forum" a search will produce no end of Pig related material, and Clive Elliot has a few articles in "Clives Corner" which are centred around the Humber FV1600 range of vehicles.

This is my MK1 FV1611b (with winch). Not happy with the fact that it is the lightweight & nippy MK1 GTI version, i like to retard the performance with a Brockhouse 1 Ton trailer!

17052009190.jpg

Edited by Adam Elsdon