Smoke from Exhaust on Saracen... causes?

mwarrior

Any suggestions on what could cause this? Been having one issue after another since the minute it arrived from the UK (literally). Been trying to get ahold of A&S who I bought it from, but no success in any solution.

First it was/is overheating, I've checked the fluids, FFW is ok. Front left wheel bevel is empty, so added oil there.

The other issue now is that the exhaust is blowing dark (grey/black) smoke, even if its been running for 10-15minutes.

Also, its not idling by itself.

ANybody have any suggestions on why it would be spewing the smoke out? I'm trying to get the radiator out to have that looked at and hopefully solve the overheating issue.

Lastly, if anybody happens to know Sammy a nudge would be appreciated, he did promise last year that he'd make his way over here to fix the issues and give me the parts that he forgot to send with the vehicle. Hopefully that'll happen soon with a little reminder from somebody that knows him better than myself.

Maybe worth taking the jets out of the carb and giving them a clean (they are all fixed jets and easy to get to.

Maybe worth checking the diaphrams in teh carb also, as mine had perished.

Check the altitude compensator, mine was stuck and made it run really bad. Also, when I put mine back together I had the choke set in the incorrect position (180deg out...or was it 90deg), which made it run very badly as the choke (cold start) was always on.

Mick