New from France

Exist t' it of the books on l' history of the Scammells mark, and or then I to find them? I am also in the technical search of review and specifications to learn the techniques from constructions of this truck.

Photographs of Scammells in a book.

Not intended to be a source of technical information.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-MILITARY-SCAMMELL-ILLUSTRATED-book-history-data-ec_W0QQitemZ350197696141QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Books_NonFictionBooks_NonFictionBooks_SM?hash=item350197696141&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1687%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I've recently had a further exchange of emails with Stephane and, thanks to Babe Fish, he has said he's interested in buying an Explorer or, a recovery Pioneer, in need of restoration. Does anyone know of one for sale ? If so, contact Stephane.

Hello has all and thank you for your welcome on your forum. J' have more facility for m' to express since 6X6 m' made discover babel fish.

J' angoument have a reality for the pionner and exploror. I will take my time to find complete to see with a little parts in more for the restoration.

If there is forum of it which comes on the French soil for the commemoration the longest day, on June 6, 1944, if you me known as the place of your camping I would have a pleasure of visiting you. Cordially Stephane

Hello has all and thank you for your welcome on your forum. J' have more facility for m' to express since 6X6 m' made discover babel fish.

J' angoument have a reality for the pionner and exploror. I will take my time to find complete to see with a little parts in more for the restoration.

If there is forum of it which comes on the French soil for the commemoration the longest day, on June 6, 1944, if you me known as the place of your camping I would have a pleasure of visiting you. Cordially Stephane

Stephane,

There is a WW2 Scammell Pioneer breakdown truck in a French military vehicle club, the Univem Paris Ile de France. Their headquarters is in Versailles, I think. It could be worth you going to see them.

Just found their website, www.univem-paris.com

I discover with enthusiasm your forum. while waiting to be able has my turn to make revive a scammell pioneer, j' will like to assemble a model in kit. J' make a small round in the shop in France and I have n' in did not find, you can m' to indicate a shop on Londre or I could find some and order by Internet.

Cordially Stephane

I discover with enthusiasm your forum. while waiting to be able has my turn to make revive a scammell pioneer, j' will like to assemble a model in kit. J' make a small round in the shop in France and I have n' in did not find, you can m' to indicate a shop on Londre or I could find some and order by Internet.

Cordially Stephane

Stephane, may I suggest this model ? It is not the breakdown type but it would be possible to slightly shorten the wheelbase and build a tiny replica of the wooden lockers using matchsticks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCAMMELL-PIONEER-TANK-TRANSPORTER-AIRFIX-02301-1-72-NEW_W0QQitemZ400038148964QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN?hash=item400038148964&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

Alternatively, I did once see a wonderful model of a Scammell Pioneer made entirely from matchsticks and then placed in a bottle. (Like a ship in a bottle) I believe the recovery crane was pulled into final upright position by attaching and pulling a thread through opening of the bottle. Please see link below. Does anyone else have any other suggestions for Stephane ?

http://www.shipbottle.ru/english/how/

Bonjour Stéphane,

Je suis anglais, mais j’habite en France.

J’ai une belle maquette à assembler de Scammell Pioneer SV2S dépannage de l’armée Britannique. C’est très rare maintenant.

Elle est fabriquée en métal blanc.

Je crois que l’échelle est 1/72 (4 mm),( je pense).

Cette maquette n’est pas encore disponible dans le magasin.

Le prix serait 40 euros, livraison (par poste ordinaire) chez vous, comprise.

La maquette est avec une boîte d’origine avec une photo couleur sur la pochette.

Si, vous vous intéressiez, m’envoyez un mail pm aussitôt que possible svp

Cordialement,

Mike

• 3 years later...

Hello to all.

I come back to you after a long absence from the forum.

Means financial is not in favour of the restoration of a pioneer Scamell,

I commend this later.

Cannot pass me as long to remain unoccupied hands, I am considering getting an au1/16th replica.

Are you there a documentation with plans, so that I can put a scale.

For some vehicles, there are technical journals, France on the call the TM,.

but for this type of vehicle, I have not found.

The French army did not have this type of equipment after war.

Thank you to you for reading this message that is always translated by a translator online.

Soon you read.

Bonjour a tous.

Je reviens vers vous aprés une longue absence du forum.

Les moyens financier n'étant pas en faveur de la restauration d'un Scamell Pionnier,

je remets cela a plus tard.

Ne pouvant me passer pour autant a rester les mains innocupées,j'envisage de me faire une réplique au1/16éme.

Existe t'il une documentation avec des plans,pour que je puisse le mettre a l'échelle.

Pour certains véhicules,il existe des revues technique,en France on les appelent les TM,

mais pour ce type de véhicule,je n'ai pas trouvé.

L'armée Française n'ayant pas eu ce type d'équipement aprés guerre.

Merçi a vous pour pour la lecture de ce message qui est toujours traduit par un traducteur en ligne.

A bientot de vous lire.