Mystery Objects No.94

fv1609

No don't think so. A bit like those weird look at the dots till picture apper things that were all the rage. I still think it's an LST. The right vehicle might well be a Landy the left possibly a heavier such as Antar. So could it be off loading kit in the Scottish island's? Right sort of weather

Couple of Land Rover TUM HS (Wolf) and a Hippo Barv based on the Leapod 1 Future Beach Armoured Recovery Vehicle.

Yes very good, well done!

I didn't deliberately blur the image it was a zoom in on this:

DSCF0224b.jpg

Instow or there abouts:-D

Yup.

Picture taken from Crow Point to which MO No.95 relates. In the book, which I've stupidy lost, it explained that the DUKWs were stored & serviced over at Instow. After the war the Army & FVRDE continued to use it. It is now a RM Establishment. After the display of paddling, I went over to Instow the next day hoping for some action. Making discrete inquiries I found that, what I saw was the last day of a 3-day course & there would be no more action that week (last week) Oh well at least I managed to find a £2 coin on the beach as a consolation prize.