Engine paint

Swill1952xs

Question

I may be stupid asking this, but........... does the colour of military vehicle engines vary according to the age of the vehicle, whether it's been overhauled or dependant on who made the vehicle.

I need some engine paint for my Albion. The sump appears to be something like duck egg green. The top of the engine appears not to have been painted, but that could be because it may not be of military origin. Can some knowledgeable person tell me what colour it should be? Would the gearbox be the same colour as the engine or the same as the rest of the vehicle? (Gloss green)

At the risk of sounding like a cheapskate, and bearing in mind that most enthusiasts rarely see the engine; perhaps I should just paint the sump, as this is the only part of the engine that could be seen without removing the engine covers..................

Wacha fink..........hmm. :???

7 answers to this question

I need some engine paint for my Albion. The sump appears to be something like duck egg green. The top of the engine appears not to have been painted, but that could be because it may not be of military origin. Can some knowledgeable person tell me what colour it should be? Would the gearbox be the same colour as the engine or the same as the rest of the vehicle? (Gloss green)

For the age of your Albion, the engine colour would be BS 101 Sky Blue, normally the gearboxes on lorries was same green as rest of the vehicle.

Autopaints in Hove did mine or theres the one out Lewes way

Many thanks for that........... didn't expect someone as close to home to do it. I thought it would have been from somewhere obscure and I'd have to pay mega bucks for postage.

:thumbsup: