Pictures of my vehichles

bdodge

Hey,it worked.As you can see the dodge is a 1942 model,it has the low sided seats wich is incorrect.But I like them.The cckw is a 1943,delivered to the US army in may 43.And there is a tag on the passenger side of the dash wich states that it has been rebuildt at a daimler(mercedes) plant in germany 1949.So it has lost its original bed.It came to Norway about 1952,and was in service until sold by the government in 1994.That is fiftyone years of serving in the military! I am slowly but steadily restoring these two,and I must say just walking out the door looking at them brings me joy.

Hi bdodge yes I imported my 51 from Tromsoe about 5 years ago now. It has a rebuild plate on the engine from '64. It's a '44 model. The rear body was built by Jesse the Jeep and me about 8 months ago! Been swapping tyres over today... a set of NOS Goodyear bartreads came up on ebay just in the nick of time as the cloverleafs were beginning to give up the ghost! I know what you mean about the smile effect... still grin from ear to ear when driving mine even now ;)

I must say just walking out the door looking at them brings me joy.

I know just what you are saying. I feel the same way about what I've got parked outside my door. You've got some very fine vehicles there and I look forward to seeing, and hearing, more about them. Those are mean chains on the wheels ! I needed some like that a few weeks ago when this 'photo was taken.

DSCF0617.jpg

He he ,looks like you could use some chains.I have actually only used chains on the front,allthough I have got complete chains for both vehichles.I can actually get thru pretty deep new snow,but of course everything depends on the condition of the snow.(I use chains on the middel rear axel on the cckw,safty first!).