Tank Museum, Bovington

Hi all

I paid my first ever visit to the Tank Museum, Bovington on Sunday. Had a wonderful day browsing around. The only disappointment was the number of exhibits not on view due to the new hall not opening until 4th April, however to be fair, I was aware of this before I went. My only real quibble was with the shop. Considering the fact that it's the biggest tank museum in Britain, if not Europe, the selection of books on British military themes was very poor. Loads on German, Russian and American machinery, but virtually nothing on British vehicles or the British side of campaigns.

Me being me I took loads of pics and only missed a few of the machines on view. They are all now on the musuems section of my website. The Tamiya Hall is really difficult to photograph well because of the massive windows down one side with vehicles backed up against it and virtually no overhead lighting. I've not put the pics on here as I am sure everyone knows what's there anyway, and also which ones to put up and which ones to leave out! So by seeing the site, you can get to see the whole lot!

Here's the linky: http://www.simonsfotos.fpic.co.uk/

I'll be going back for Tankfest in June and will 'shoot' the new area then.

As it stands at the moment, the next event I'll be attending where there will be a military connection will be the massive Fly-In, Aerojumble and vehicle rally at Popham on 4th May. If anyone on here is attending and wants pics of their vehicle, I'd be happy to do some shots for you guys. I just hope that it goes ahead this year having been washed out for the last couple of years.