Fv432

paulob1

Okay I am new on here and have just bought my first FV432...I need all the help I can get...anyone able to give me and important tips and advice....it is road legal but i dont have my H licence yet so that will have to wait until i do...however i will get my licence and then intend to road use the thing, every now and again...not regularly thats for sure...

Hi,

Just got an FV433, so also learning fast.

Have a few friends who were on FV430 series vehicles during their army service, so can always ask if there is something you need to know.

Best bit of advice I have had so far is to always check the engine governor oil level.

Apparently, if the level drops too low the engine will over rev and could "run away".

The standard advice for old vehicles also applies, keep your fluid levels checked and nipples greased!

Post up some pics of your FV432, would be good to see.

Regards

David

Paul,

Your 432 is actually a Mk 2/1 not a 1/2. For troop seats try Nick at Tanks A Lot. I've had 2 432s but sadly have no spares left. I suggest you buy a set of manuals from Vintage MV Manuals and read them before doing too much with it.

Chris

• 4 months later...