New member George McKenzie

I started to collect things when I was a young fellow .The frist thing I collected was a 1928 Ford car from the original owner ,I still have it . I collected 350 farm machines which I put in a museum .I collected cars .Tractors heavy equiptment .Now I'm collecting MiLitary things .I only collect things that have a uinque history or one of a kind . I have a working modle of the first anphibous army tank that was used for a patent in 1917.I have the only RCAF1942 Fordson N left that hauled bombs and feul to the Lancasters and Hellifaxes .I have the only Diamond T wrecker with the five window Canadian cab left .Plus 11 other military vehicles .The more you collect the more you collect special things . The last thing I bought was a 1942 WLC and I told my wife that is the last thing I am going to buy .That was over a year ago so I am doing pretty good so far george

I hope George isn't planning on bring too many of them to the Club house at the same time as the Car park Is far too crowded as it is and the expansion program is running into zoning problems, seems that its gown to the size you can easily see from quite a ways out in space and the neighbours aren't will to sell any more land .

Will he still have Club house chores as the other new members or ?

Oh and Welcome to the Friendliest Forum on the Net Mr. McKenzie .

Thanks for the welcome guys . Here is a little history .Back in the 16 th century three Catholic girls were chased out ot Northern Irland to Scotland where the oldess one married a Protesant Mckenzie,she died and he married the second one .Things didn't work out so he took the third one and went to Canada .They came to southern Ontario in 1754 where my dad grew up .than he went to western Canada to make his fourtune .So that's where I live .Now being interested in old things I became the biggest collecter in the region .As a youg boy we never saw a military vehicle during the war till they built the Alaska hiway and rarely have seen any since .There is about 200 military vehiles in Alberta owned by collecters .Most of the things have been found but ever so often something shows up My WLC was in a chicken coop for 50 years before I bought it .The military collecting is very active here to the point that one can hardly afford Geooge

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the welcome . I am not one to do much wrighting on the computer .and seem to be too busy all the time .My collection was collected in the area with the exception of the RAF Fordson .It was bought at an auction sale 300 miles from here .A fellow by the name of Stan Kick brought it to Canada after the war .In Alberta most of us know the postwar history of our vehicles .The military collecting is most interesting and does attract alot of attention George