British MV records

Ivor Ramsden

Question

I realise it's not absolutely certain that any records for our Morris-Commercial C9/B SP Bofors gun will survive, but I've got to try and find something. Who is likely to hold records for a wheeled SP gun?

The RLC Museum? But it's hardly a "B" vehicle because it's got a big gun on the back.

Tank Museum? Er, it's not a tank. Its census number starts with an S for SP gun, so does that point me to the RA Museum?

Any suggestions anybody?

2 answers to this question

only just joined forum but having worked for the RA Museum I can assure you that they hold no history records for any sort of vehicles, including their own nor any of their Guns, hence there are no unit marking on any item displayed.

See my introduction item, I have access to a nice but griming glass plate negative of 2 such vehicles inside Woolwich Arsenal post war.

Thanks Alan. I should have posted an answer to myself months ago - I eventually tracked down the key cards for the truck at Bovington, although it took a fellow C9/B owner and forum member to tell me and provide me with a copy, as the staff at Bovington said they'd only got the contract cards!

Having said that, they were very helpful and friendly, as were the people at the RA Museum and the REME Museum. Hats off to them all.