Why can,t I edit some of my posts?

antarmike

Question

It's just that sometimes I re-read an old post of mine and I don't really understand what I have put because the grammer is wrong, or something is mis-spelt. I don't want to change history, but I like my posts to be reasonably good English and to have proper spelling.

24 hours should be enough time to correct spellings....

Spell checking posts......... when a word is underlined in red, position your cursor over it and right click, a list of alternatives will in appear in bold, click on the correct one and it will be substituted for the miss spelling. I found this purely by accident by the way!

Spell checking posts......... when a word is underlined in red, position your cursor over it and right click, a list of alternatives will in appear in bold, click on the correct one and it will be substituted for the miss spelling. I found this purely by accident by the way!

Never seen that... Just tried it & nothing:confused:

And sometimes I want to re-post a picture because it is relevant to another thread. I use edit to copy the photobucket link in an HMVF post, rather than trawl through countless pages in my photoalbum to find it.

I can no longer get to the link to copy it in this way.

Right click, properties & copy link..

Joris please don't turn that off as well! Although I know what you mean when I use quote, I try to limit the quote to the significant bit, it also helps where there are various threads within threads eg Humber Pig pictures thread & I also omit "quoting" pictures.

I will never remove the Quote thing, sorry if you got that idea. Quoting is very important on forums!

May be just a Firefox thing, when I right click a menu appearers with amongst other things the option to 'Spell check this field' clicking this enables the function.

Yeah Firefox and Opera both have spellcheckers built in. Very nifty!