Diesel theft

radiomike7

Just a reminder that diesel theft is on the increase and as many of us store our vehicles on farms and in remote compounds we are all at risk. Sometime in the last week my S26 has been tampered with and the filler cap destroyed, fortunately without the tank being damaged but I have heard of instances where the tank has been spiked or even removed entirely. Fitting a locking cap may not be the best idea as the cost of having to locate and replace a tank may be worth more than the diesel it contained.

Leaving a diesel tank almost empty is not the best idea either as condensation can form within the cold tank and cause damage to expensive injection components.

Mike

My Volvo the ****** cut the fuel line under the vehicle. Leave an old jerry can filled with every junk liquid you can find and leave it about. Let 'em nick that. Did it once to a regular tea leaf some years ago, Managed to completley wreck his engine. :-D