Settle an argument!

rambo1969

My dad and I were chatting about the shows we have attended this year and a small argument broke out between us which I hope you can settle.

When did the overlord show break away from the MVT?

I'm sure that last year was the first overlord show NOT involving The MVT, my dad says its been 5 years since the MVT were involved.

Who's right?

No politics please.

http://www.fv623.demon.co.uk/

OVERLORD 2005

OVERLORD 2006 COMING SOON!!!!

. . . . . . . .Of course its still on!

And. . . . . . . . . .What a super show we had too.

Beware of the spoiling mis-information being spread around, speak to the Show Sec as below.

Solent Overlord Exec has a new web site, find us here:

www.solentoverlord.co.uk

Overlord 2005 over the holiday weekend 28 - 30 May proved to be one of the best shows we have had and nearly caught the Show Sec and committee out with the scale of interest from both traders and exhibitors alike.

Ultimately, although MVT members were strongly discouraged from their hierarchy, some over 400 entrants attended, with people coming from continental Europe, to make the event an occasion to remember. We thank them all for their support.

We also appreciate the 82 trade stands that took up stall space, it is these people that make the show possible. It seems the trade was quite brisk too and reports suggest our trade friends had a good show too.

We must also record the brilliant job done by 1268 Squadron ATC - Haslemere, they did everything needed without intervention to cover all those essential and onerous tasks that the organising club and myself could not have easily covered.

The end of May is always a worrying time, the weather can do almost anything, but apart from a bit of a breezy Saturday, we were fortunate with very acceptable conditions.

As and when time permits we will post some pictures here to give the flavour of Overlord 2005 and rest assured it WILL be all happening again in 2006 on May 27, 28 & 29 no matter what the well known propaganda machine tries to spread as false and wholly one-sided mis-information. Speak to us for the truth and as ever any input will be answered at the address link below or by phone to me.

Overlord@fv623.demon.co.uk

If you'd like to speak with a person on any matter, call Richard Notton 07939 136149 or 01329 832616 (evenings only). Please note that I cannot always get to the phone during the daytime and so please leave a message and return number.

Edited by Marmite!!

When did the overlord show break away from the MVT?

I'm sure that last year was the first overlord show NOT involving The MVT, my dad says its been 5 years since the MVT were involved.

Rambo,

I think the last MVT Overlord was in 2004............the split followed so 2005 would have been the first run by SOE.

My recollections :confused:.......last one I went to was in 2004 when we went to Normandy from there.