weapon choice for jeep

bullitt

You guys just made my day. whistlenwolf that is funny. Really the stuff is called mink oil here, I am not sure how they get it from the mink though :lol: as those little suckers are mean and probably don't want to give up their oil.

It is amazing how much we can get off of the original posts on these sites though. I like the idea of having a 37 MM anti tank gun on a jeep. They mounted rocket launchers on the beds of CCKW's in the Pacific theater. They put 75MM automatic cannons in the noses of B-25's for anti-ship attacks in the Pacific so considering a size to caliber ratio a 37 MM cannon would be nice on a jeep. :D

You guys just made my day. whistlenwolf that is funny. Really the stuff is called mink oil here, I am not sure how they get it from the mink though :lol: as those little suckers are mean and probably don't want to give up their oil.

It is amazing how much we can get off of the original posts on these sites though. I like the idea of having a 37 MM anti tank gun on a jeep. They mounted rocket launchers on the beds of CCKW's in the Pacific theater. They put 75MM automatic cannons in the noses of B-25's for anti-ship attacks in the Pacific so considering a size to caliber ratio a 37 MM cannon would be nice on a jeep. :D

The recoil of a 76mm on a Scorpion was quite impressive. Modern recce troops in their pansy Scimitars don't know they're born.

;o)

You could always go to a 60mm device but then we're talking rockets:

dasoccybq0d141120041508049512_large.jpg

This has planted the vague memory in my head of a picture or plans of an MLRS system mounted on a Jeep along the lines of the Nebelwerfer / Stalin Organ-type device fitted to the Sherman T34 Calliope. (I had this vague idea it was also done to a T34, then realised it was the Sherman designation in the deep dark recesses of my memory.)

Am I just imagining it?