Help wanted with 40mm bofors

Maverick

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has a Canadian built 40mm bofors and we are looking to restore it over the winter, its 95% complete but we are looking for a few parts to finish it. So my question is do any members know of anybody in the UK who has a bofors or parts that may be able to help with ether selling the parts on loaning them to us so we can have copies made?

Many thanks

I saw 2 trailer mounted guns, one fully restored, in Derbyshire (I think it was near Bakewell, and I only think they were 40mm Bofors 'cos I didn't really know what I was looking at). They are at a farm where a chap kept his GMC - I went to buy his No.7 set a year or so back.

Sorry I can't be more precise, but perhaps this will ring a bell with some Midlands members?

Below is some pictures, the first shows the type of gun as my friend has, this has no donkey engine and the travel lock for the barrel is verticle. From this picture I hope someone can confirm what type of sight set up we should have on it. Its a 1944 Canadian built bofors

The other pictures show the two other items we need, one is the shell rack and the other is a handle assembly.

Hope someone can help, like I say even if its a loan so we can get copies made?

Many thanks

40mm_bofors_02.jpg

40mm_bofors_shellrack.jpg

40mm_boforshandle.jpg