Stonleigh - So how much did you spend?????

Jessie The Jeep

2006 was my first visit to Stoneleigh. Apart from almost missing the small doors into the other main hall, had a great time. Several of the North East crowd drove down the day before and we had a 1940/50's dance in the Angel Hotel at Lemmington Spa, plus the odd drink or two! or three, or as Steve & Susie found out, room service will bring Jack Daniels to your room for breakfast!!

As far as I was concerned, the fair was great, I bought virtually everything I set out for and still only spent just over £150. Mainly accessories for the jeep, and a winter service.

No doubt there were those who wiped out their bank accounts over the weekend, and despite looking really hard, I didn't see Bernie with her pink trainers ( maybe next time! )

So what did you buy? and did you tell the Mrs what it all cost??? :lol:

Steve

i was there honest guv,

arrived around 8am & left 5ish.

We didn't get as much as we planned but it wasn't for the lack of looking.

we needed to get Russ all the insigna for QM/TC red ball express to go on his class A's. sadley we will have to keep looking. there isn't much call for it apparently.

Army thermals were next on the list for Belgium in 2 weeks time & I didn't see any of those around. AVIS were going to be my first port of call but they were missing.

we did pick up a master cylinder for the GMC, a couple of wiper motors, a windscreen rubber seal & a tail pipe for the exhaust.

Also got Russ some boots,m43 jacket,HBT cap,jeep cap, both caps for me , a pair of gaiters & a spare pair of HBT trousers so we are now kitted out for Belgium.

I did see Dotty Dodge ( rowen) & his dad, he saw my shoes, good luck with the water pump. I'll Pm you all the show details I've got so far but it won't be till wednesday as I have to finish my Windscreen report for Tuesday.

cheers

Berni

Hi Tyler,

It was at an Air Museum on part of Coventry Airport. Next time we're that way we'll stop and have a look round.

Cheers

Richard

Yeah that's the Midland Air Museum, as well as some great aircraft they have a post-war Bofors, David Brown RAF tractor and a Dodge 6x6, I think they have a military vehicle meet there once a year

Yeah that's the Midland Air Museum, as well as some great aircraft they have a post-war Bofors, David Brown RAF tractor and a Dodge 6x6, I think they have a military vehicle meet there once a year

I think I could see some MV's on show from the road aswell, their website is http://www.midlandairmuseum.co.uk/ looks well worth a visit.

Getting back to Stonleigh, other than Steve, Berni and Rowan ,who I didn't see :cry:, did any one else go?

Regards

Richard

Me and the Girlfriend were there along with 2 out of our 3 "little uns"......spent £140 on Small Jeep parts and Militaria and some cracking WW2 copy postcards......:-)

Colin ...hows the snatch block ?????

Spent more time gassing than looking at stalls.................. :cry:

So i bet i missed a bargain or two........ :(

Regards

Lloyd