WC54 Scam

Tony B

Does anybody know anything about a scam involving a Dodge WC54 with Jersey registration apparently for sale through Holland? The reason being there is only one WC54 in Jersey, the owner is an old friend. rumours have got back to her and she want's to make sure no one is caught out.

Edited by Tony B

Somewhere very recently I have seen an ad with a photo of a WC with a Jersey plate - though how unusual it was at the time but I have been looking and cannot for the life of me find it now .

Tony,

There is an advert for a WC54 on Milweb, a signals van version. Seller is from Luxembourg, the number plate resembles a Guernsey one, ie no prefix letter and five numerals. Perhaps someone has been mistaken? :???

Hi Richard yes no prefix 5 number would be Gurnersey. I can't be positive but I don't think there is such a vehicle there. I'll see if I can find out. I know Milweb do thier best to stop fraud, but like Mike's WLF people take photos or lift them from places, and then advertise. Most people here can spot a phoney or at least enough doubt to ask but some buyers know Jam Pot. If the Jersey reg is J79442 that is Katy, and she most ****** DEFINITLEY will not come up for sale.