Heat Proof Paint.

Richard Grosvenor

Hello,

I will hopefully be starting to respray the Ferret next week, so expect heavy snow, floods and generally, damp cold weather!

I'm not sure what paint to use on the exhaust shield, on the exhaust itself I'll use proper exhaust paint, but I want the shield to be sand colour.

So, can I use exhaust paint and then over paint it with the normal sand paint or is there another way?

Regards

Richard

Hello,

I will hopefully be starting to respray the Ferret next week, so expect heavy snow, floods and generally, damp cold weather!

I'm not sure what paint to use on the exhaust shield, on the exhaust itself I'll use proper exhaust paint, but I want the shield to be sand colour.

So, can I use exhaust paint and then over paint it with the normal sand paint or is there another way?

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

my Ferret's exhaust shield is painted in the same paint as the rest of the Ferret it's been on there for 3 years with no problems, gets quite hot but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

When I did my Ferret the heatshield was a new one, I sprayed straight over it 4 years ago and the paint has never come off. I have used factory manifold grey and black velvet for the exhaust parts. I sandblasted the manifolds, tubes and everything else then applied 2 coats. The paint has stayed stuck despite people telling me it wouldn't. You can get it from Frosts, http://www.frost.co.uk I also recommend Marine Clean from them, it's excellent for getting everything nice and clean before painting.

Good luck!

Chris