Postal delays etc...

RSSRobot

Still no sign of any insurance certificates so today I rang Footman James. A very nice and helpful lady the other end of the phone line checked the system and confirmed they had been despatched on the 21st May by 1st class post. She was less than complimentary about the Post Office's abilities these days and promised to put another set in the post today.

Lets hope these do get through!!!!

On the OT front the collection scheduled for Sat has had to be cancelled as no one will be up at Russian Military to oversee the loading - they are off to the Czech Republic at the weekend. I'm waiting to hear from Richard and Malcolm as to whether it's rescheduled for this Friday or someday next week. Meantime - I have an invite to attend an Ford employee/Pensioner event on July 8th with "one of my vehicles". Stalwart is still off the road so this means the OT. If I've not got her taxed by then I'll need to find another haulier to get her from Braintree to Dunton and back! Fingers crossed!! :)

Still no sign of any insurance certificates so today I rang Footman James. A very nice and helpful lady the other end of the phone line checked the system and confirmed they had been despatched on the 21st May by 1st class post. She was less than complimentary about the Post Office's abilities these days and promised to put another set in the post today.

Lets hope these do get through!!!!

Strange - I am insured with Footman James and this year my documents went missing in the post and they had to send out another set.

On the OT front the collection scheduled for Sat has had to be cancelled as no one will be up at Russian Military to oversee the loading - they are off to the Czech Republic at the weekend.

Hmmm.....always a good one. He was often visiting a sick relative in hospital when I needed to get in contact with him when I was buying the ZIL.

But back to the insurance, Footman James seem to have made a few mistakes lately. Last week I had to renew my car insurance with them. I did it over the phone with my debit card and all was well. The following morning I had three letters from them. The first one was a "we have pleasure in enclosing your insurance policy" letter. The second one was a letter saying they couldn't renew my insurance because my card wasn't authorized. The third was another "we have pleasure in enclosing your insurance policy" letter. After a very quick phone call to the bank to be told everything was fine and a very very long call trying to get through to Footman James they eventually admitted they had put a much higher amount on my card than they should have, then realising what they'd done refunded it but when they'd tried to put the right amount in, my bank thinking something might be a bit dodgy locked the account.

It's good to see that some banks still look out for their customers but it's a shame to see that Insurance companies don't have phones that can dial out when they cock up and need to contact with you!!

Richard

To be fair to Richard - I knew a trip out to the Warsaw Pact lands was due, just didn't know when. And I did know his guys only work weekends as a matter of desperate necessity. Don't really think vehicle collection counts as that though.:)

One of the objectives on this trip is to source a KVPT for me now they have a section 5 FAC so I can't really complain can I? :)

Glad to hear the bank was on the ball for you - it's nice to hear they do what they promise to!!!