What vehicle is this off?

No Signals

Question

8 answers to this question

Probably well known to everyone but myself, but I've just retreived a tyre off this rim which definitely isnt off my Bedford. 16" split wheel, 5 stud fixing. Tyre is marked 'for British inch and a half rims only' So there is half a start! ;)

So the tyre was 16 inch, but what width? ie. was it 9.00-16, 10.50-16, etc?

9.00 - 16

I note it has no offset, which vehicle wheel rims usually have as fronts are normally large dish in for front and large dish out for rear. On that conclusion it could be a trailer wheel. Five stud fixing is not common for 9.00-16, although some Humber 4x4 models had 9.25-16, but the hole in the centre of their rims was a pentagon shape.

If there are any numbers or letter stamped in the rims, please let me know, And I will try and identify further.

Had a closer look and no obvious makers marks on it. The only thing being the remains of a tag stating' Deflate before dismantling tighten nuts before inflating do not over inflate'. Really useful stuff eh? If from a trailer it possibly might have an agricultural origin rather than military? So maybe not as easy to 'source'?

Anyone got a unicycle with a heavy duty five stud hub, needing a new rim?:)