Ferret turret

MiketheBike

Guys,

what is the difference between a mk2 and a mk2/3 turret? I have read that the 2/3 turret is larger, but pictures I have seen do not seem to confirm that.

Is the hatch different between those two?

Would it be easy to get a top hatch fabricated? There is one in CMV this month and just wondered if its someone on here, or if its worth getting if the top hatch is missing?

Thanks,

Mick

what is the difference between a mk2 and a mk2/3 turret? I have read that the 2/3 turret is larger,Is the hatch different between those two?

turrets are the same size on all models of Ferret - the difference between a 2/3 and other marks relates to the armour thickness not size

Would it be easy to get a top hatch fabricated? There is one in CMV this month and just wondered if its someone on here, or if its worth getting if the top hatch is missing?

depends on how desparate you are for a turret. there have been 2 offered on here recently but each had their own problems - the rare bit is really the Browning 30 cal mounting . The top hatch itself is, at its most basic, just a flat plate of steel but the complex bit would be to make up the rims which are where the edges have been folded. Then again you could easily ignore that as most people would never notice