Brown Hammerite Paint

woa2

Question

Can anyone help with a supplier of Smooth Brown Hammerite Paint? I started using it to paint the interior door handles of my WOA2, but when I went to buy more, it is not listed in the colour chart.

Many thanks.

8 answers to this question

That probably means it is another colour they have discontinued . I used to use quite a bit of magnolia / cream which disappeared off the shelves last year. We have a Wilco motorists shop in town who were very helpful in getting me the last of their stock . Might be worth trying your local motoring emporium or sometimes evilbay is also worth a look - I tried it for the cream without success but I seem to recall that brown was available then . Good luck .

Called in at the merchants this morning & the gent in charge of the paint counter tells me that the brown has been discontinued for about 18 months or so & suggests that the only tins you will find are those which have been languishing on somebody's shelf or in the stockroom since then . Bit of a bu**er 'cos I did all my guttering with it & need to do it again soon ish . Why they have to delete these colours when they do such a limited range anyway beats me .

Why they have to delete these colours when they do such a limited range anyway beats me .

Probably because some interior designer with an affected name, on one of those awful improve your home & sell it TV programmes has pronounced brown as no longer a "now colour". Others follow the trends & colours become passe for no good reason.

Bit like light bulbs, I was unable to buy an ordinary clear 60 watt light bulb in a very large store. All they had were, light bulbs for women who watch these TV programmes. All in silly shapes & colours, nonsense like my theme, chill, smooth light, gentle pastel, relaxing pink. Madness.

woa2 - did you have any luck ? Over the Christmas hols - when I wasn't being ill like everybody else - I went in to have a look at Halfords non existant sale & found a couple of small tins of Aubergine smooth on the clearance shelf . This appears to be pretty much the same shade as the old brown . Looks like yellow could be discontinued too as all their remaining tins of that were on the same shelf .

DM