Dodge WC51 / 52 differences.

Rick W

I'm going to breack ranks! :nono: The winch is just extra hassle, Dodge's are perfectly able to do anything asked of them without 'Bling'.

Sigh, forgive him everyone for straying from the true path....:nono:

Let me put it this way Tony, if your favourite toy gets stuck in a muddy puddle, and yes it does happen, even to the best of us, are you going to be able to push it out without some help from that nice Mr Braden and his best bits of machinery? I think not.:n00b:

It is perfectly possible to get a Dodge stuck on even very mild going, but personally, even operating a vehicle alone, I've never had to leave a Dodge in a hole as long as it had a winch and the engine would run, and that's before you get to other uses like winching new toys onto trailers, and of course helping those less fortunate than ourselves (e.g anyone NOT driving a Dodge)

I'll go back to sleep now.

By the way, seen Rick's latest progress with the VK62B?

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/dodge_rebuild/part28-restoration.htm

The last time I embarresed my Dodge was on Goldbeach, this year. Not following rule one, go back on the same tracks you came out on , and whoops! Front end right in, with half a dozen people in the back. Nochalantly select reverse rock a bit and out she came, as expected. :iloveyou:

I was told a tale by an ex RASC Major about Dodges in the Far East. He was in charge of a transport company that had Morri's. One day a vehicle hit a Water Buffalo. Not wanting to waste meat the crew stuck the carcass in the back of the truck and brought it back. The trouble was the company had a number of Hindu troops, they refused to drive the vehicle afterwards. It was arranged to return it to depot. As he arrived he noticed the then new Dodge's. There followed negetioations involving Schotch, ciggarettes and such like and home went the Major with a 51 and a 52. After that the 51 would trail blaze, the 52 brought up the rear to recover any stuck vehicles. The down side was the combination was so succeful any dirty job came their way.