BRAKE PLATES ON 3SW 3HW

Tim L

Hi all,

Just getting in to pulling apart my 3SW/3HW hybrid and as expected the 'things to do' list is no longer than expected but still long enough to depress.

Front and rear brake plates have been drilled to improve air flow around the brakes, and when I say drilled i mean Blackburn, Lancashire standard!!! Picture attached.

Options are weld all the holes up, buy one from e bay for £35 that needs drilling and a boss or flange fitting for the speedo drive, or get one for £85 from India.

Does anyone have experience of purchasing reproduction parts from India? Are they any good? Opinions, positive or negative, appreciated.

Thank you. have a good day. 

PXL_20240619_175443848.MP.jpg

Hi,

Now looking at the £35 one it seems different to mine. There is a tube that the wheel spindle passes through that mine doesn't have. I will attach a couple of pictures. Ace classics have aluminium ones but they are a lot of money and mine is steel, at least I think it is steel. I don't even know if what I have for is the original one.

Thank you.

Tim.

s-l1200.webp

Just now, Tim L said:

Hi,

Now looking at the £35 one it seems different to mine. There is a tube that the wheel spindle passes through that mine doesn't have. I will attach a couple of pictures. Ace classics have aluminium ones but they are a lot of money and mine is steel, at least I think it is steel. I don't even know if what I have for is the original one.

Thank you.

Tim.

s-l1200.webp

PXL_20240619_175508491.jpg

That brake plate is for a tele fork model. 

I spoke to Brian Tillin on Sat. He might be able to help. He's currently focussed on 3HW's. I'll pm his phone number.

Ron

Thank you Ron, and thank you for your replies to all my annoying questions! I hope the weekend went well at Weymouth, a friend of mine was in Dorchester on Saturday and he enjoyed the 'Armour and Embarkation' parade. 

Yes I organised the motorcycle out riders for the very first A&E for Jack Becket.(He's also the founder of this forum) But then the autorities made Weymouth council change the date of the veterans week which then clashed with A&E, so I've never been able to join the fun since. 

Ron

Edited by Ron