A question for our overseas members....

Jack

Ireland has a fairly good military vehicle scene with two groups in the Republic (I won't go in to the politics of why). The IMVG has around 40 vehicles including a fair bit of armour ( 2 chieftains, ferrets, fox, Panhards). There are good few other owners out there not aligned with any group.

At a guess I'd reckon on 100 or so south of the border. Not a lot of Irish Army stuff as it's all supposedly destroyed, a few ACMATS seemed to have escaped. The IMVGs Panhard 90 came from Spain as they couldn't get a local one! The wearing of current uniforms is also not allowed.

I was surprised when I did my first local vintage show to find that a guy in the next village had a DAF YA and we've been convoying to shows together all summer.

The re-enactment scene here is also strong from Napolionic to modern with for example The Connaught Rangers doing WW1 and 1800s

Sweden has had a steady number of MV's of all types. Mostly soft skin MV of US origin. Dodge WC's were used by the Swedish Army and Air Force in the 50's, as were Willys MB/Ford GPW's. GMC trucks were used in fairly large numbers well into the 70's.

Our MV club, MFHF (Militär Fordons Historiska Föreningen) started in 1981 and around 350 members.

As always,

In the U.S.A. of course there are the state or regional level groups and the larger MVPA with many having membership or involvement with both . While I can't say what the total numbers of collectors are or the number of vehicles in collectors hands since the activity level varies from state to state its fair to say the number could well be a couple of thousand of both .