LEATHER MILITARY POUCH

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP IN IDENTIFYING THIS LEATHER TOOL POUCH.  IT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN MODIFIED AT SOME TIME TO BE USED AS A  BICYCLE TOOL BAG. THERE ARE SOME OLD STITCHING AT THE TOP WHERE THERE MAY HAVE BEEN ANOTHER STRAP.   DID THINK IT MAY HAVE BEEN AN ARMOURERS SPARES POUCH WHICH I KNOW WAS ALSO  USED BY ARMOURERS FOR BICYCLE SPARES.  THERE IS SOME MARKINGS WHICH ARE DIFFICULT TO MAKE OUT ONE OF WHICH IS 303? 

DSCN3337.JPG

DSCN3338.JPG

DSCN3339.JPG

DSCN3340.JPG

DSCN3341.JPG

I've never seen anything like it related to WD motorcycles. The .303 would seem to indicate something to do with a fire arm as that being the standard size of the round. Ron

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2024 at 9:41 PM, REME 245 said:

Looks like a Vickers Machine Gun Pouch.

Yes I concur. It looks like the pouch that was issued with rubber pads. Along with metal flexible straps. That were used on the water jackets, to seal shrapnel or bullet holes. In action to keep the guns usable. Until they could be properly repaired by the unit Armourer. By brazing a metal patch over the holes.