Saracen hull number location

Hi everyone 

Does anybody have a picture of the hull number and exact location on a Saracen? I’ve looked back through and old thread but the only picture I found was poor quality and didn’t really expand on the location, the Saracen is an up armoured mk5, we were told the hull number is above the rear doors and stamped in the escape hatches, the hatch numbers we have found but would like to find the hull number, we have cut the armour above the rear doors but no number, any help would be appreciated. 

66295626-043A-4CB6-BFD4-58825A37FB6B.thumb.jpeg.53c759a8ae3e9a5ec630528a0a5ad56e.jpeg

The hull number on the non-uparmoured Saracens was stamped on a small steel strip which was welded  on to the hull above the doors, it appears when uparmoured the numbered tag was removed in order to fit the extra armour, it was probably assumed at the time to be unnecessary as the data plate inside gave all the information. The army always used their registration number as identification.

regards, Richard

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

The hull number on the non-uparmoured Saracens was stamped on a small steel strip which was welded  on to the hull above the doors, it appears when uparmoured the numbered tag was removed in order to fit the extra armour, it was probably assumed at the time to be unnecessary as the data plate inside gave all the information. The army always used their registration number as identification.

regards, Richard

Thanks for the info Richard, I assume the grind marks on the back are where the tag was removed. 

25 minutes ago, 67burwood said:

Thanks for the info Richard, I assume the grind marks on the back are where the tag was removed. 

Yes I would think so. I have worked on a lot of Saracens when in army workshops and recall the tag was stamped with SAR followed by the number

• Like 1