velocette MAF wiring diagram

wodan

Would any body help me out with a wiring diagram for my Velocette MAF or point me in the direction where i can get one or what manual i should look for with this bike

it came without a battery, which i have now got ,,and just trying to get the lights to work etc.

Any help would be great

rgds geoff

Here you are Geoff. Let me know if you need anything else. I never bother with a ready made loom! They are quite simple to do by laying each wire in turn by following the diagram. But I guess "Grove Classics" would have an MAC loom to make any modifications too......Any pictures of your MAF?  Ron

Scan_20231025.jpg

MAF 1.jpg

DSCF5675 (2).JPG

MAF 218.JPG

DSCF1045.jpg

Hi Ron

many thanks  that really helped ..i wasnt sure whether it was  pos  or neg earth..also the bike came without a battery and a couple of loose wires   so all sorted now  all lights work and charging... heres a couple of photos .am really happy with the bike..just need to sell the RE   WD/C now  to pay for it

best rgds Geoff

%ae02L80SdeubrhIipRWGw.jpg

HaYBrilERvCFM7SUXa0Lvg.jpg

gXcFlhljTg6PhHPGGCJWog.jpg

lUgF42RpR+KGk0UF7LhE%Q.jpg

F0u1oqYiS2qjL0N2XT87cg.jpg

tu68MgMXTTC4Q86IFIieaw.jpg

Yes that is an MDD (Officially known as an MAC (WD) )Only 1200 are recorded but I've feeling some went to Russia??. Frame 11004 is the forth one from the 1200 under contracr C7974 in 1940.  Someone has erroniously added that brass contract plate from an MAF.  I'd be more than happy to buy it for my MAF, if your were to think of parting with it?

.The MAF was the next model which was ordered in 1941 by the WO to more of a military spec, including a cast in sump sheild, panniers and pillion etc. 2000 were ordered, however the order was canceled after just 947. Veloce were set on other war work.  Ron

Scan-141221-0002.jpg

Edited by Ron

Geoff they left the factory with matching frame and engine. Your engine falls outside the known batch of frame /engine numbers ie 11001-12200. However your engine has the WD inspectors stamp which means it is genuine and could confirm my reasoning that there were more than records show. 

The best thing is to contact the archivist of the VOC who has the factory records. I'll PM you his contact information in the morning.  Regards Ron

Edited by Ron

Geoff, I don’t think you’ll have too much trouble selling your WD/C ,  If I had the cash I’d be there tomorrow, unfortunately I’ve got to sell a few of my own bikes to bring mortgage down, it’s Sod’s Law , I’ve been waiting for a small bit of land to build a new workshop for 6 years, now it’s actually mine , I’ve got to sell some of the bikes ………