Push-Pull Light Switch instruction tag.

dgrev

Hello all,

I wanted an instruction tag for the standard push pull light switch.
NB: This is NOT the mail bag sized paper tag which gave instructions on how to wire in a 4 position switch when
replacing the earlier 3 position switch.
This is the swing tag that details the function of the push pull light switch.
It had printing on one side and was blank on the other.

Many thanks to Brett B. (G503 - Bart1015) for sending me an original tag to use as a template, I set out to replicate it.

It turned out to be a huge amount of work as the original tag font appears to be something obsolete. I have struck
this issue also with WW2 stencil fonts. Case in point being the font used by the Australian Army for the ARN (Australian
vehicle Registration Number) on my jeep.
In the end, I had to replicate the font pixel by pixel, just as with my ARN, not fun as the computer monitor seems to suck your eyes out!

My wife managed to source me a woven paper/fabric material, expensive stuff and you only get 4 x A4 sheets per
pack .
The bonus being that this is a rip resistant product: unlike the genuine which was very easily torn.

The next problem being that the red fibre washer was a non-standard (modern world) inner and outer diameter.
Which I had to replicate from A4 card sheet.

The rivet posed yet another problem as there is nothing available with an ultra small diameter lip, I managed to source
an acceptable substitute.

Lastly, the wire, this too took some sourcing. The original is rather thin.

I sprayed the tag material after printing with Krylon and also the washers, prior to assembly, to provide some water resistance.

Brett measured the original wire for me and reported it as 10 inches. When installed this leaves the tag swinging very low. So I
looped the wire over the light switch such that the tag hangs only about 1/2" below the light switch, much less likely to get torn
off as I get in and out of the jeep.

See photo.

Regards Doug, with thanks to Brett B.

20230707_103131a.jpg

• Like 1