Ferret that could not pull

tankdiver

After  my friend  bought his Ferret There was no power  the previous owner had fitted a new carburetor, fuel tank etc so they must have had a problem and could not sort it

For example  we road ran it  up a long road with a small incline it would only drive in 1st gear,  the traffic was backed up and I were desperate for a place to turn and finally found one to get back to his home. After the usual points, plugs condenser. I started looking further . I then checked the inlet valve clearances .Some muppet had got them totally wrong raging 0.0015 to 25 oversise and one at ).0001 barley opening. AHA road test .

Boy it had some power for a ferret .     On my last ferret  I came upon the same problem but the clearance was over 0.5 " over adjusted 

When looking at the rockers  under the rocker cover   NOTE that they are INLET  valves only and need to be correctly adjusted

I am sure this often happens on other military vehicles when they are messed about by unskilled people

Laurence