triumph trw electrical problems

juan carlos rodriguez

Hello everyone. I have many problems with the electrical installation of my TRW. When I turn on the headlights, the ignition suffers and the engine fails. My bike is old and poorly treated, I don't have the headlight resistors or the large switch key that goes to the right of the headlight. The bike must have had a bad life and I'm determined to return it to its old state of good working order. . The original electrical installation has disappeared and the previous (or previous) owners have done what they could. 3 cables come out of the alternator, of which two go to the rectifier and one to the headlight lights. It does not have a regulator, only a rectifier.
 My intention is to put all the lights on direct current from the battery. Originally, the ignition coil works with direct current, and the headlight with alternating current. But in this situation the light of the headlamp only comes on with the engine very revolutionized. and when I turn on the light, the engine misfires. I intend to put the lights with C Continuous, but since the original bike does not have a regulator (only plate rectifier), I am afraid of overloading the battery and bursting it. I think I should also put a regulator. Has anyone installed a modern regulator-rectifier on these bikes?
I would like to contact someone who understands these bikes well.
Thanks for the help

Hola a todos. tengo muchos problemas con la instalacion electrica de mi TRW. Cuando doy las luces del faro el encendido se resiente y el motor falla. mi  moto es vieja y mal tratada, no tengo las resistencias del faro ni la llave de conmutacion grande que va a la derecha del faro.La moto ha debido de llevar mala vida y estoy  empeñado en devolverla  a su antiguo estado de buen funcionamiento. . La instalacion electrica original ha desaparecido y el anterior ( o anteriores ) propietarios han hecho lo que han podido.Del alternador salen 3 cables, de ellos dos van al rectificador y uno a las luces del faro.No lleva regulador, solo rectificador.  
 Mi intencion es poner todas las luces a corriente continua procedente de la bateria. En origen la bobina de encendido funciona con corriente continua, y el faro con alterna. Pero en esta situacion la luz del faro solo enciende  con el motor muy revolucionado. y cuando enciendo la luz, el motor falla. Pretendo poner las luces con C Continua, pero como la moto de origen no lleva regulador ( solo rectificador de placas), tengo miedo de sobrecargar la bateria y reventarla. creo que debo poner tambien un regulador.¿Alguien ha instalado un regulador-rectificador moderno en estas motos?
Me gustaria contactar con alguna persona que comprenda bien estas motos.
gracias por la ayuda

• 3 weeks later...