Wanted: Fitting Instruction Ptarmigan SCRA (T)

Foxtrott363

I am looking for Army Manuals/ AESPs about the installation of an SCRA(T) into a Land Rover 110 (Truck Utility Medium). I am sure they exist, but I couldn't even figure out the correct number of the manual.

Does anyone has some information or even the specific manual?

I already have the Land Component Handbooks for SCRA and the Ptarmigan System Overview, where they are mentioned.

I can find no specific installation instructions in 2320-D-122-811 Mods, -411 Installation Instrs, -821 Gen Instrs

Army Code No.12123 Part 1 Section 5 Communication Installations lists 46 User Handbooks in relation to TUM with SCRA. Did you have a particular designation of equipment in mind & is (T) Teleprinter?

In this 1999 catalogue I could find no reference to SCRA(T) as such but AC No. 63625 covers SCRA Terminal Equipment in TUM FFR Interim Installation. There are also Terminal publications that cover TUL FFR & 1/2 Ton FFR.

Of the many other references to SCRA in TUM these cover specific Clansman equipments.

3 hours ago, OzH said:

From memory, SCRA(T) = Single Channel Radio Access (Terminal) meaning it was the terminal equipment... basically, a mobile phone mounted in a land rover!

Yes, exactly. It is the Terminal equipment and I got it nearly complete.

I just saw your post with this overview picture:

So these seem to be the codes for a multi-set installation, combined with Clansman.

Does anyone have a source for one of the mentioned numbers 63646 to 63677?

20 hours ago, Foxtrott363 said:

So these seem to be the codes for a multi-set installation, combined with Clansman.

Just to further the acronyms here, where you had a SCRA(T) with the Clansman, that was Combat Network Radio Interface, (CNRI), this enable Clansman radio networks to talk back onto Ptarmigan