Fuel Shortage in England

LarryH57

Due to the shortage or perceived shortage  I have not been out in my Lwt for a few weeks and did not want to upset the neighbours who need fuel more than me.

I did see this which made me smile! I did not have the heart to say its actually a CET

Petrol Crisis.jpg

Edited by LarryH57
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Getting serious for a moment;

I'm not sure if I topped up my 1980 Lwt with E10 it would like it as it has E5 in it at the moment. Might I ruin the new and old fuel?

Same applies to my 2010 Vauxhall Zafira Life 1.6? Its not diesel!

Sadly it seems that E5 is in short supply in NW London

Edited by LarryH57

3 hours ago, LarryH57 said:

I'm not sure if I topped up my 1980 Lwt with E10 it would like it as it has E5 in it at the moment. Might I ruin the new and old fuel?

Hi

Mixing E5 and E10 won't "ruin" your old/new fuel. Depending on how much you put in the percentage of ethanol will be be between 5 and 10%.

It is the ethanol in the fuel that causes problems with older vehicles, I doubt that topping up with E10 will cause any problems, but would suggest that you top up with E5 after you have driven about a 1/4 of a tanks worth. I am using E5 in my 1963 Landrover FFR and haven't noticed any performance or related issues so far (I have travelled about 200 miles in it since filling up with E5).

Cheers

Richard