Airportable GMCs

N.O.S.

Might have the answer, after looking at my pics from July more closely - looks as if there is a bolted flitch plate inside top and bottom body rails.

Also another shot of the dozer, just to ensure a certain American computer keyboard gets all gummed up with saliva later tonight :whistle:

I ll take that as a compliment Joris , I study every inch of a photograph for interesting details . My dump body is divided with a bolted strip with two rows of bolts, one strip on each side and another across the floor both inside and outside the body . The body in the museum is a wood and steel composit for a straight cargo body and not a dump truck so its a bit different .

N.O.S. I have seen a couple of those Clark's one is owned by Steve Keith Dr.Duce of the gmc.cckw.org .There is another at the Wright Patterson Air Museum in Dayton Ohio , shown near the exhibit of " The Lady Be Good " artifacts. There are a few others but since they were such a handy sized machine I m sure many were grabbed up by Contractors and simple worn out and scrapped .