Is the lights fuse 5A or 10A in an FV432?

Deathwing

At the risk of being the only person recently starting topics in this forum section : )

We recently replaced the interior lights 5A fuse in the FV432 with another 5A fuse. Two lights came on so I set about replacing the other bulbs. The lights went off. We suspect the fuse may have blown again - will test it. When adding up the load we believe it comes to about 4A for all of the lights, so it could be very close to the 5A mark. I was wondering if the 5A fuse that was in the machine when I bought it was just the wrong amps and a 10A fuse would be right. Obviously don't want to cause any system damage by putting in a higher-rated fuse than is supposed to be there.

The manual though mentions two fuses at 5A for interior lights - F2 and F4. So it could be something else - an issue in the circuits, rusty light fixings tripping the fuse, the new bulb I put in being duff. Before we try a higher-rated fuse I thought I'd ask if anyone knows if the fuse for the interior lights in an FV432 should be 5A or 10A? Or any other idea what could have caused the lights to go out shortly after coming on?

Thanks!

Edited by Deathwing

If you have the manual which tells you what the fuse size then it should tell you the bulb size, which is maybe  5 watts, and they are pretty dim.  You'd need around  10 of them to consume about 3 amps or 5 of 10 watts  to consume about 6 amps
Fuses don't trip by the way - circuit breakers do. A fuse blows.

Yep 6 volt light bulbs it says in the manual. I just checked what I purchased and I bought 7 volt bulbs, which is not far off. Or would the 7 volt bulbs be the reason it blew? Is there any risk of harming the system if I stick a 10A fuse in there? My electrical knowledge is... slim :)

36 minutes ago, Deathwing said:

Yep 6 volt light bulbs it says in the manual. I just checked what I purchased and I bought 7 volt bulbs, which is not far off. Or would the 7 volt bulbs be the reason it blew? Is there any risk of harming the system if I stick a 10A fuse in there? My electrical knowledge is... slim :)

6 and 7 volt bulbs?  Surely you mean Watt ??

If it were me I'd change the lot for LED bulbs, the dimmer wont work but you won't be at war anytime soon (we hope) , then at least you can actually use the lights and see things,  the drain on the battery is next to nothing.
I'd also put a red LED bulb somewhere left on. I have a nasty habit of forgetting to switch the battery switch off and the battery goes flat. The red LED soon reminds you that the main switch is on.