Plan Table

Surveyor

I have 2 questions for this and ask the wonderful vast knowledge of the forum, yup crawling.

1. Any idea of the RAL number for the green paint?

2. Is there any indication of what the layout for this would be, such as plan under Perspex, but what would have been in the "slots" and pin board 

, knowing the MoD there may even be a pamphlet.

Any help would be appreciated

Richard 

14 hours ago, Sean N said:

Perhaps naive, but if it's old MoD wouldn't it be a BS rather than RAL colour?

Sean

No idea, picked it up for my daughters jewellery shows, display under the Perspex and leaflets on the back leaf

• 1 year later...

Trying to set the table up, I understand that it would have the following,

"There would be a map of the area of operations, a radio net diagram, a stag list, fuel states of the wagon and the generator, last time the wagon was started. Grid of the CP, grids of sub units"

Does anyone have copies of these, I do have the maps.

Also any pictures of how it would be laid out?

Thanks in advance 

OK, well, in that case, the sort of thing you have suggested is a good start.  You might add some chinagraph pens, or Lumocolour if a bit later.  A message pad, a pad of logsheets for the watchkeeper to record events and messages.  The used ones would be held on bulldog clips pinned up somewhere, I think the map would be best on the facing wall rather than on the table itself so that entries could be made on it direct while the watchkeeper was still listening or jotting them down on the logsheet.  You'll need a rag for cleaning the map (which must be under talc or perspex). You might add a large clock hanging somewhere in view, again for the watchkeeper to record times of events and messages etc and, most importantly, a mug of tea or coffee! 

17 hours ago, 10FM68 said:

A message pad, a pad of logsheets for the watchkeeper to record events and messages.  The used ones would be held on bulldog clips pinned up somewhere, 

Many thanks, I have some old message pads that i can copy, not sure if a particular pattern for the log sheet

Edited by Surveyor