Heres an idea.

Jack

Seeing as we all have questions about, who wore what, when.....can anyone post an image of the standard/issued uniforms so we have something to work from.

Example being, the uniform of a WW2 British infantry man, British Tank crew, US tanker, airborne etc etc.

............Lloyd get some picture up here :twisted:

• 3 weeks later...

Its a good idea, Jack.

Having seen thoughts similar on a couple of WWII forums,recently, one of the biggest 'stumbling blocks', I can see, is , for example, take a Tommy's equipment/uniform.

1) what period, because it did change, - slightly,-during the war.

2) which uniform, due,in part to the style changing, again,slightly during the period. ( think of seeing the BEF, wearing puttees,and to a certain extent WWI uniforms)

Also, the uniform itself,whilst being reasonably 'standard', did have differences,dependant on where produced. (I've a RA uniform, dated 1943 make in canada, and the karki green colour and material is different to that produced here in the uk.

A good starting point,regarding BA uniforns, certainly,I have found, is

WWII Tommy - British Army Uniforms, Europe 39-45,in colour.

Please don't take this a knocking your idea, which, is a good one, and one that could well be of benefit, to all. (I've also a pair of KD shorts, and would like to 'complete the uniform to those, so, desert/italian campain uniforms would be good)

Be interesting to see others comments on this subject.

Cheers.

Andy

How does one go about posting pics onto site ? I've a few,on Jpeg, gleaned from another site,.whats the score regarding these being pe-posted here ?

(I cannot remember which site I found them at.) Is there a copyright issue, - maybe ??

Not meaning to sound negative, with these queries, (honest).

Andy

How does one go about posting pics onto site ? I've a few,on Jpeg, gleaned from another site,.whats the score regarding these being pe-posted here ?

(I cannot remember which site I found them at.) Is there a copyright issue, - maybe ??

Not meaning to sound negative, with these queries, (honest).

Andy

Hi Andy.

Have a look here ref posting images http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98

With regards to copy write I am not so sure......are they your images that you posted on another site ( :twisted: ) if not drop them a line as it would be good to get some info up!

Cheers

Jack.

No Jack, not my images,...........I saved them for my own useage from another site.

Will try and find which one, and ask permission, before going any further.

(after posting last message, I found that posting that you refer to,.although, it looks complicated to me)

thanks, and I'll keep in touch.

Andy