Gpmg/ 50cal

Alan stubbs

There were a few Israeli cradles floating about at one time. I call them a Multi Mount.

They will accept: a .30" Cal MG, A .50" Cal HMG & a MAG58 / GPMG. And also had an attached Ammo Box Holder. 

It would be FAR easier to acquire one of these. & modify to fit the vehicle weapon mounting socket I would suggest.

4 hours ago, ferretfixer said:

There were a few Israeli cradles floating about at one time. I call them a Multi Mount.

They will accept: a .30" Cal MG, A .50" Cal HMG & a MAG58 / GPMG. And also had an attached Ammo Box Holder. 

It would be FAR easier to acquire one of these. & modify to fit the vehicle weapon mounting socket I would suggest.

Not heard of those. If anybody reads this and has one they may sell please let me know. Thanks ferretfixer for your input. Cheers Al.

I searched for some images of an example for you Alan. But couldn't locate any.

They have Hebrew makings in three locations. Stamped on the side, so the user would know what position to adjust the mount to. The adjuster was a 'T' handle under spring Pressure. You pulled the handle out, & rotated the cradle to the desired position. & released the handle to lock the cradle in position. For the desired gun to be mounted. very simple, rugged. & like most things Israeli. Well thought out!

3 hours ago, ferretfixer said:

I searched for some images of an example for you Alan. But couldn't locate any.

They have Hebrew makings in three locations. Stamped on the side, so the user would know what position to adjust the mount to. The adjuster was a 'T' handle under spring Pressure. You pulled the handle out, & rotated the cradle to the desired position. & released the handle to lock the cradle in position. For the desired gun to be mounted. very simple, rugged. & like most things Israeli. Well thought out!

Thanks ferretfixer. Ive got to have one of those. Or I'll get some sort of heath robinson type of mount made. That one you describe would be perfect for the job. Cheers Al.

On 2/23/2021 at 11:22 AM, ferretfixer said:

Not heard of those. If anybody reads this and has one they may sell please let me know. Thanks ferretfixer for your input. Cheers Al.

Screenshot_20210224-141443_Chrome.jpg

34 minutes ago, johnwardle said:

I had a chat with the armourer at work today, apparently the UGM or Universal Gun Mount as fitted to Mastiffs and Huskies will take either GPMG or 50 cal. The only problem is that they are in current use so finding one for sale could be difficult.

Thanks john. If you hear of one thats available please let me know. Cheers Al.

• Like 1