Merlin report query

gordonb

For my Ferret the Merlin report shows it as RY LAD from 5/12/89 until 11/5/93. The record card for this period shows Code change from 0122-4101 to 0122-4000. I assume RY is Royal Yeomanry but do Merlin reports normally go into such detail as LAD? If the vehicle was transferred from the LAD to a squadron would Merlin know, or care?

Gordon

1 hour ago, gordonb said:

For my Ferret the Merlin report shows it as RY LAD from 5/12/89 until 11/5/93. The record card for this period shows Code change from 0122-4101 to 0122-4000. I assume RY is Royal Yeomanry but do Merlin reports normally go into such detail as LAD? If the vehicle was transferred from the LAD to a squadron would Merlin know, or care?

Gordon

I used to do a lot of work on Royal Yeomanry armoured vehicles, from Saladin, Saracen, Ferret, Fox and CVR(T) when they were brought into our workshops.. The HQ squadron was at Westminster (Westminster Dragoons). C Squadron was based at Croydon., they were Kent & County of London Yeomanry. The other squadrons were based around the country so yes it would require on the record card. I am sure the R Yeo LAD was at Croydon as I recall going up there to sort a problem out on their Leyland heavy recovery. What army registration number is your Ferret?