New Member intro...

Hello,  I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself.  I have an interest in all things old, whether it be shop machinery (16" 1926 Lodge and Shipley geared head lathe) of farm equipment (I am a farmer in the western USA) or home (I live in a two story Victorian home built by my Great-Grand-Dad in 1899), automobiles (own several because I simply like them or have some form of attachment I like Brass era but also do Classic and even a 1957 Corvette) lastly I have a fondness for work horses that get things done and have owned a 1917 Packard five ton, 1947 First Series GMC dump truck that I still use on the farm and have a few scraps of a 1917 Riker/Locomobile 4 ton.  I can carry on a good conversation about any of the above mentioned things and hope to be a participant on this HMVF forum site.  I am active on several other auto related forums and find it rewarding to invite help through shared knowledge that flows in both directions.  I will post a picture of my home, one of my favorite brass era project, (1909 Locomobile when new) and one of a 1917 Riker truck when new.

alsfarms

Alan D.

Deseret, Utah, USA

DSC01623.JPG

DSC01515.JPG

K9FzQuKH.jpeg

Hello Kevin,

I do not have near enough, at this point to, to build a truck.  I do have a very complete engine and some other Locomobile pieces, that could be used, left over from the 1909 Locomobile project as seen above.  I have heard that more Locomobile and Riker trucks, of the WW1 vintage, are in England and other locations in Europe than exist here in the US.

Al

Not really coming across Riker trucks before I have just had a search round on the net. I notice a few mentions of Locomobile trucks on the Automobile of America club, with a few pics too.

It really does look like a rare make of truck, with only a few survivors.

Kevin

Edited by Rootes75

You are seeing the same thing that I am seeing.  I am hoping that a few may be involve with restoration in the UK.  Sadly, probably most of them went to the scrap yard after being worn out and are now someones stove!

Al

33 minutes ago, alsfarms said:

You are seeing the same thing that I am seeing.  I am hoping that a few may be involve with restoration in the UK.  Sadly, probably most of them went to the scrap yard after being worn out and are now someones stove!

Al

You never know what still survives, if someone knows you are looking it might throw up some leads.

Kevin