Still Wanted Please. large flat head ex army screwdriver

Looking to replace my much loved ex wd large flat head wooden handle screwdriver. It had a square shank shaft of about 1/2 inch. Measured overall about 9 inches Long. Think the make was king dick or footprint. A bit like the one in the picture only longer and chunkier. I don't know where it has gone but I have my suspicions😞. Anyone got one forsale please🙏. Thanks Graeme 

Screenshot_20200619_112946_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Edited by gwrightoy
Add photo

Hi Graeme. I had one the same, plus a smaller one (6”) and have had a sort through my tools with no success. My memory is not what it was but I suspect  they went to a local MV enthusiast who does my MoTs. The reason for this post is not to wind you up but to say that when I was an army apprentice, at least one of the old civilian instructors called them ‘New Perfect’ screwdrivers. I’ve never seen that written anywhere but that’s how I always remember them. Good luck with your hunt: they really are very useful tools.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for trying. I get a bit too attached to certain things that I have worked with and owned a long time. I think it was lifted by a passer by😢. It is similar to the one in this photo just a bit chunkier. 

Screenshot_20200619_112946_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Edited by gwrightoy
More information
  • 2 months later...

Hi

I have similar one made by Marples (not for sale as it was my late father's), still one of the best screwdrivers I have ever had. Doesn't have a square bit on the shank.

Have you seen this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W-MARPLES-SONS-Vintage-Screwdriver-12-1-2-overall-length-1-4-flat-tip/303687191654?hash=item46b52acc66:g:LG8AAOSw3ChfJ~Ed

Cheers

Richard

• 1 month later...