Humber Pig, External storage

da bomb

Adam. Which doors do you mean? On the outside of each rear originally jerricans were fitted. But if you mean on the sides rearwards of side doors, then it was for pioneer kit etc. as this was a multi-role vehicle units could adapt whatever kit they needed to fit on. Although in practice this rarely happened, it is very unusual indeed to see in-service pics with anything on these at all. But inevitable privately owned vehicles are embellished with all sorts of carp.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what i meant! the only in service pictures i have seen have had empty jerry can holders and a shovel.

Also I seem to recall seeing a canvas bag strapped to the front nearside wing and a large boxy looking something with a canvas cover on the offside wing.

And just so the rear wings arent left out, what was stored in them?

Canvas bag on the front nearside wing? If it was a bag probably an owner fantasy embellishment, like many preserved MVs suffer from. There should be two webbing straps there for a cam net.

On the other side there was sometimes a supplementary generator for FFW & FFR versions, as the 25A output from the engine gen was inadequate for that role. Sometimes owners will fit them on APCs just because its another bit of stuff to have there.

Rear wings, well no formal rules for what went in them. Presumably things like starting handle, intervehicle jump leads, rope etc Anyway that's what I keep in mine.