Help with Minx

m606paz

Original wartime caption: For story see CH.12188 Picture (issued 1944) shows - The station M.T. section "dig for victory". Nearest the camera Corporal G. Spence of Crossgate, Dunfermline; Leading Aircraftwoman J. Archibald; J.Lachgelly; Leading Aircraftwoman B. Scott of Wishaw, Motherwell, and Leading Aircraftwoman E. Slater of Newcastle.

100979685_1402370823290268_1250038197002436608_o.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rootes75 said:

I have tried to find blackout masks for my 1937 Hillman 80.

The Hartley Mask is what I have found available up till now on ebay etc. I have never seen a Lucas sidelight mask for sale, that would be an interesting find.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rootes75 said:

My Minx needs a respray and the door bottoms are bubbling. She is already grey so I am starring to think about re-creating a wartine Royal Navy staff car like one of these.

You promised photos! 

1 hour ago, m606paz said:

Hi Rootes

I want this manuals, can scan a copy for me?

Thanks in advance!

49926883852_11c425546a_o.jpg

Yes, I can take them to work and scan them then email them to you.

No problem but might take a couple of days.

• Like 1

All these lovely pics are really making me think about what respray we should give our 47 Minx.

I have put off her external 'refit' for a number of years now, all the usual, door bottoms bubbling, rust flecks here and there so she needs a respray.

She was painted grey before I bought her 15 years back but originally she was black which can be seen if you take the door cards off. 

Kevin

• Like 1