Paint colour code request

I have started a tidy up on a Ex New Zealand Army Land Rover Stage 1 V8 from the 1980s. I believe these were CKD build from Australia but I cant find any reference for the original green. Its like a matt Deep bronze green but not quite, Its not Forrest green as far as I can tell. The vehicle has been painted in NATO camo and looks wrong. Are any of our NZ friends able to  find a code before I go down the matching road. Thanks.

DSC05145.JPG

DSC05146.JPG

IMG_1113.jpg

The present paint job in that Camo scheme looks more Australian than NZ army. Ours were only ever painted in green all over, as far as I am aware, other than the NATO ones that got sent to Bosnia, and painted white. In the 80's deep bronze green was the colour, and flat. I had never heard of our ones coming from Australia in the 80's, I would have thought that ours' came direct from the UK. In recent years there have been quite a few imported from Aussie by civy's into NZ and I am wondering if there is a confusion in your thinking as to the origin of your landrover?  , just my view. I could probably find the origin of our contract for Landrovers to the NZ army ,cheers Andrew. 

6 hours ago, DUNSFOLD said:

I have started a tidy up on a Ex New Zealand Army Land Rover Stage 1 V8 from the 1980s. I believe these were CKD build from Australia but I cant find any reference for the original green. Its like a matt Deep bronze green but not quite, Its not Forrest green as far as I can tell. The vehicle has been painted in NATO camo and looks wrong. Are any of our NZ friends able to  find a code before I go down the matching road. Thanks.

Hi Phil,

If you go to www.remlr.com and look at the menu on left, click on NZ Vehicles, there is some info there. Looks like their new Rovers came in a CKD from UK. There is mention on the 2A that they were Deep Bronze Green.

regards Richard

The present camo paint was done by the NZ guy who imported it into the U.K. 10 years ago. It is ex NZ. I have the army docs for it it’s army reg was RM6340 and it’s looking more like it was a deep bronze green with a satin Finnish? It was a reserve vehicle in service hence it’s nice rust free condition, must be quite rare in the U.K.

3CEAA871-EFBF-4FF5-A9D6-7575565B3FD8.jpeg

Thanks for the reply's so far. On checking the VIN number its a CKD (COMPLETELY KNOCKED DOWN) kit for Rest of the world so it could have been assembled in N.Z. ? Its interesting that date into service is 1986 the 109" was replaced by the 110" in 1983 so they must have taken a long time to build.